If any type of fungal bacteria comes in contact with your skin and starts to grow, it may cause fungal infection on your skin. Fungal infections are medically curable once detected. To treat any kind of fungal infections one may consult a dermatologist and go for the option of clinical treatments. While some might go for the home remedies to treat it.
However, it is advised that before going for any of the above options you must visit your dermatologist and seek medical advice and then decide your course of action. Natural remedies used can be highly successful in some cases and for severe cases, a combination of both clinical and non-clinical options like lips antifungal cream can be highly effective. Various home remedies for the treatment of fungal infections are:
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel due to being cool gives a soothing effect to your skin. It is highly recommended for fungal infections that may develop specifically during the summer season. Nowadays a lot of companies producing ayurvedic products make aloe gels that can be very helpful. You may also go for the natural options like by applying gel extracted from the plant your home. This could be done by removing the top dark green layer from the stem. It gives your skin a soothing effect and reduces skin irritation and itching.
- Apple cider vinegar: In recent times apple cider vinegar has gained a lot of popularity because of its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial characteristics. Nowadays many people prefer to intake a small amount of it in the morning for weight reduction as well. To treat fungal infections from it you can dilute it in water and apply it on the affected area. In case of any irritation or itching kindly take medical advice.
- Coconut oil and Tea tree oil: Coconut oil can be pretty much used to treat any kind of skin infection. It penetrates in your skin and hydrates it. For dry and sensitive skin coconut oil is a proven miracle. It is rich in acids and vitamins that are good for the skin. Coconut oil as it is can be applied directly on the skin. Tea tree oil is also considered a skin-friendly oil but can be applied to the affected area only by mixing it with a transporting oil like coconut oil.
- Cranberry juice: This remedy is strictly internal. Cranberry has a lot of health benefits it has proven to be extremely wonderful for the kidneys and urinary health. But recently medical professionals have discovered it is highly beneficial for fungal infections as well because of its anti-fungal properties. So start consuming cranberry juice for healthy skin and kidneys.
- Turmeric powder: Turmeric powder is rich in curcumin that has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-microbial properties which is why it is good as a cure for fungal infections. Mix it well with plain yoghurt or coconut oil and apply on the affected area. Contact your dermatologist immediately in case there is any unwanted reaction on the skin.
If you wish to avoid any sort of fungal infections you need to maintain your hygiene and cleanliness along with usage of clotrimazole cream for lips. Taking a bath daily, changing sweaty clothes immediately, not sharing towels, not wearing clothes that are too tight, always being neat and tidy etc. are simple living habits that would help you to simply avoid having fungal infections.