You must have a catchy name for your dating app that should be short and associative so that people can remember it.
Having a catchy name will also allow brand promotion of your app as your customers can spread the word by sharing it with their friends.
You must have an amazing UX/UI design
The user interface and design of the app must be very attractive so that your users would love browsing through the app database for a long period to find the right match.
Make sure that the design is simple and intuitive, is easy to use, and is not confusing to first-time users.
You also must use bright colors and big visible patterns so that the users can be guided towards a particular page.
Tech stacks for your dating app
To succeed in making a great dating app you should know all the main tools that are used by app developers to create a highly functional app.As the penetration of the Internet increased over the years and more and more businesses turned to create apps for offering greater engagement to their customers, several services got a huge boost.
The dating app is one such category, wherein you will find explosive growth with one new app coming into the market nearly every month.
If you look at the global trends, you will find that dating apps will stay as one of the popular app categories in the near future also.
However, despite its explosive growth trends, researchers found that nearly 90% of online dating start-up fail.
If you go into detail about the reason why dating app fail, you will realize that most of them are not following the best practices that would help them attract their target audience.
In this article, we will like to share with you some of the best practices you should follow to create a unique and exciting dating app that would be relevant to the needs of your target audience.
Furthermore, to give you a perspective, we will also share with you some points regarding why dating app fail so that you can avoid those pitfalls and push towards ambitious targets by implementing the following steps.
Best developmental practices to follow while creating dating apps
If you are planning to create a dating app, then you must follow the steps we have listed below so that it becomes commercially viable.
Creating the right dating app structure
One of the important things you must focus on when you are developing a dating app is creating a robust structure that can handle many requests and give the users a great experience.
A catchy name
Some of these tools include the following.
- Programming languages like Java, Kotlin or swift.
- The right frameworks like NodeJs, ExpressJs, NextJs and so on.
- A robust database like Redis, or MongoDB.
- Cloud storage like Amazon S3.
- Web servers.
- Secure payment gateways.
Include important features
Your dating app must include some important features that will allow different people to engage with their match in multiple ways (chatting, call, video call, or message).
Some of the important features that dating apps must have includes the following.
- An easy signing through social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. This will allow them to share the services you are offering on the social media platform.
- The main information of the user profile should be extracted directly from the social media platform so that the users do not have to spend a long time in the registration process.
- Your dating app should have geolocation service so that the members can choose their match from the region of their interest.
- Your dating app should be integrated with an AI-based algorithm so that it offers smarter matches by comparing the hobbies, age, location and other important criteria.
- Your mobile app should have a chatting option so that the members who have agreed to the match can communicate and know each other better.
- The app should also have push notification reminders that will inform the users about any potential match when they are not logged in the app.
- You must include the swiping technique in your app so that it allows the users to quickly choose or reject somebody by just starting right or left on their smartphone screen.
- The setting of the dating app should include important features like selecting categories, turning on or off the sound for notification, adding different filters and many more.
Why do some dating apps fail?
While we have listed some of the important points that must be included in the dating app, you must also know the reason why dating app fails.
To improve your chance of success you should look at some of the things you should never do when you are designing and developing the dating app.
- A bad UI/UX
- Irregular app maintenance.
- Poor performance.
- Security glitches.
- Lacking the localized presence.
- Too many ads.
- Taking an aggressive approach for premium services.
- Not listening to user feedback.
- No unique features in your app.
- Highly complex matchmaking algorithm.
If you go through the statistical data offered by different dating apps, then you will find that a large number of marriages and unions occur due to dating sites and apps.
The mobile technology has opened an exciting way for strangers to find their perfect match. While there are a few shortcomings in apps, the potential of a dating app is sky-high.
If you go by recent research, then a large number of relationships of millennials in 2022 will start online through dating platforms.
This shows a huge potential for dating apps that would target niche markets by offering them something unique and creating an exciting and unbelievable dating experience through their website or apps.
We hope the tips we have shared with you in this article will help you to create a beautiful and highly functional dating app for your target audience so that they can find their soulmate through your app.